LARC PROJECT: MOZAMBIQUE
Mozambique team: Piggs Peak, Swaziland, May 2017
Mozambique team: Entebbe, Uganda November 2016
Mozambique team: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania August 2016
Mozambique Team: Johannesburg South Africa July 2016
(Front row) Maria Matavel; Norgia Machava; Olga Novela; Gillian Masamha.
The purpose of the project is to:
• Accelerate successful implementation of MOH Viral Load (VL) Guidelines at Bamoyo Health Center.
• Increase demand and VL uptake amongst pregnant and lactating women and children 2-5.
• Develop efficient health facility workflow to efficiently collect and refer VL specimens.
Objectives and methods
To accelerate successful implementation of MOH VL Guidelines at Bagamoyo Health Center the following activities will be implemented:
• Print and distribute VL guidelines.
• Train MCH and CCR nurses in the application of VL guidelines and algorithms for pregnant women and children.
• Print and distribute algorithms.
To increase demand and VL uptake and testing amongst pregnant and lactating women and children 2-5 the following activities will be implemented:
• Conduct talks on VL monitoring and hold question and answer session for pregnant women and nursing mothers at the health centre.
• Design simple messages for nurses to inform patients on VL monitoring and train nurses on how to educate patients on VL.
• Train lab staff, MCH and CCR nurses in sample collection and referral.
• Train nurses in reporting of consumption of collection kits to prevent stock out.
To develop efficient health facility workflow to efficiently collect and refer VL specimens:
• Conduct process mapping and design facility workflow for VL sample collection and sample referral.
• Create system for registration and follow up of results.